the association for the advancement of cost engineering
North Florida Section
Technical Papers and Presentations
from Members and Others, continued
Links of Interest
Look below for more information about our organization including
local resources, a link to an online membership application, and other Section Web sites around the world.
· AACE Home Page Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International.
· AACE Membership Information and Application
· AACE Bookstore and Library Search the on-line library for technical subjects, go to the online library to purchase books or products, and get previous Cost Engineering magazines (PDF).
· AACE Technical Committees/Special Interest Groups Technical Committees, Special Interest Groups (SIG's), technical products, Recommended Practices & Standards (RPS), Professional Practice Guides (PPG's), and more.
· AACE Certification All about certification including an exam application, re-certification, announcements and upcoming courses.
· AACE Women In Project Controls AACE International offers a number of opportunities for women to grow professionally and take on leadership positions. In January 2005, the Women in Project Controls (WIPC) task force was created by AACE International to encourage and mentor the growing number of women entering the Project Controls profession. Its mission is to encourage women to actively participate in program/project management and project controls, and to identify avenues for the recruitment, mentoring, and recognition of women in AACE International.
· Other AACE Sections Check out what other Sections are doing.
· Canaveral Council of Technical Societies (CCTS)Umbrella organization comprised of 31 Space Coast area technical societies, including North Florida AACE. Organizing agency of the Space Congress. See the latest version of the CCTS Handbook for Member Organizations for a summary of CCTS history, activities and programs.
© Copyright 2007-2018 North Florida Section of AACE® International, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2011 AACE® International, Inc. and its official professional certifications are trademarks of the Association for the
Advancement of Cost Engineering, Inc. All rights reserved.
Technical Papers and Presentations from Members and Others
· Cost Escalation for Moon and Mars Program (Space Congress Paper) Cost Escalation Alert for Requirements, Facilities and GSE for Moon and Mars Program, by Joseph A. Brown, CCE. Illustrated version at www.lobiddervideo.com
· Escalation: How Much is Enough? (Paper), by Glenn C. Butts, CCC
· Escalation: How Much is Enough? (Presentation), by Glenn C. Butts, CCC
· Excel for Cost Engineers, by Glenn C. Butts, CCC
· AACE International — Where Are We, The Path Forward, Why Membership Can Yield a Phenomenal Return on Your Investment. (May 15th, 2008 Presentation to North Florida AACEi by AACE Past President William E. Kraus, PE, CCE)
· Spaceport America: A Presentation by John D. Zukley to North Florida AACE, October 2008. (PowerPoint Slideshow)
· Cost Escalation: What’s Ahead and How to Handle It. Presentations from the November 2008 North FL AACE Section Panel Discussion:
· Cost Escalation Survey Results — Word Document (Survey conducted October 2008 by N. Florida AACE)
· Developing a Rating System for Bidding a Project. A Presentation by Philip B. Copare to North Florida AACE, February 2009. (Word Document)
· Scheduling and Cost Engineering on Overseas Projects: Earned Value and Performance Intensity Progress Measurement. A Presentation by John P. Orr, PSP to North Florida AACE, March 2009. (PPS Slideshow)
· Commercial and Industrial Distributed Solar Power: Technology and Costing. A Presentation by Yann Brandt, Vice President, Advanced Green Technologies, Inc. to North Florida AACE, April 2009. (PDF)
· Orlando Utilities Commission’s Administrative Building—The Greenest Building in Orlando. A Presentation by Ivette Sanchez, Sr. Engr., OUC to North Florida AACE, May 2009. (PPS Slideshow)
· Four Secrets to Liking Your Work. A presentation by Dr. Deborah Fisher, Group Harmonics, Inc. to North Florida AACE, September 2009. (PDF Handout)
· Cost Escalation for Large Projects or Mega Project Cost and Schedule Estimates — A History of Denial. A presentation by Glenn C. Butts, CCC to North Florida AACE, February 2010. (PDF)
· Educating Future Construction Engineers: What do they need to learn? A presentation by Dr. Amr A. Oloufa, University of Central Florida, to North Florida AACE, March 2010. (PDF)
· US Green Building Council and LEED Accreditation/Certification. A presentation by Kristy M. Walson, PE, LEED AP to North Florida AACE, September 2010. (PDF)
· Timely Time Extensions: An Owner’s Duty. A presentation by John P. Orr, PSP to North Florida AACE, October 2010. (PDF)
· Front-End Engineering Design: Influence Over a Project’s Outcome. A presentation by J.D. (Jim) Whiteside, II, PE to North Florida AACE, November 2010. (PDF)
· Planning a Complex Project: An Under Appreciated Effort. A presentation by Christopher W. Carson, PSP, CCM, PMP, to North Florida AACE, December 2010. (PDF)
· Changing the Boundaries of Client/Contractor Shared Risk. A presentation by Douglas A. Findley. CCC, EVP, PSP, CFCC to North Florida AACE, January 2011. (PDF)
· Ecological and Environmental Considerations for Cost Estimating Development Projects. A presentation by Jay H. Exum, Ph.D. and Paul S. Newman to North Florida AACE, February 2011. (PowerPoint Slideshow) Part 1, Part 2
· Assessing and Avoiding Project Delays: A Prospective Approach. A presentation by Brian J. Furniss, EI, PSP to North Florida AACE, April 2011. (PDF)
· Cost Control in Emergency Recovery Operations. A presentation by Prof. Ralph V. Locurcio, PE to North Florida AACE, May 2011. (PDF)
· Technology in Construction: The Cost Engineer’s Technology Toolkit. A presentation by James Benham, JBKnowledge Technologies, Inc. to North Florida AACE, September 2011. (PDF)
· Accurately Pricing Projects in the Hyper-Competitive 2011 Market. A presentation by Michael Dell’Isola, Faithful+Gould, to North Florida AACE, October 2011. (PDF)
· The Great Divorce: Cost Loaded Schedule Updating, a presentation by John P. Orr, PSP, URS Corporation, to North Florida AACE, December 2011. (PDF)
· The Construction Estimate and Cost Controls: From Formulation to Project Closeout—A Help or a Hindrance in Litigation?, a presentation by Gregory S. Martin, Attorney at Law, Gregory S. Martin & Associates, P.A. to North Florida AACE/Orlando ASPE, February 2012. (PPT)
· The Psychology of Estimating, a presentation by Glenn C. Butts, CCC, NASA, to North Florida AACE, March 2012. (PPT)
· Edward Muzio, CEO, Group Harmonics, Inc., www.GroupHarmonics.com (Videos presented as part of the May 2012 N. FL AACE Section Meeting.)
· State of the Association, a presentation by AACEi President Marlene M. Hyde, CCE, EVP, PMP and AACEi Region 3 Director Jay Carson, CCC, CEP, to North Florida AACE, October 2012. (PPS)
· Training Project Managers in Small Aerospace Businesses to Increase Sustainability, a presentation by Dr. John C. Leavitt DBA-ISM; PMP-PgMP-CIPM, to North Florida AACE, November 2012. (PPS)
· Human Beings, Not Buildings, Make Great Projects, a presentation by Alan Haughey to North Florida AACE, December 2012. (PPS)
· Estimating Accuracy: Dealing with Reality, a presentation by John K. Hollmann, PE, CCE, CEP, (DRMP pending) to North Florida AACE, January 2013. (PPS)
· A Basic Survey of Construction Law, a presentation by Gregory S. Martin, PA, to North Florida AACE, February 2013. (PDF)
· AACEi Certification Webinar, a presentation by Penny Whoolery and Valerie Venters, CCP to North Florida AACE, October 17th, 2013. (PDF)
· Leadership in Action – Leading Your Team Through an Ever-Changing Landscape, a presentation by R.B. “Rod” Adams, CCP, Nextera Energy to North Florida AACE, November 2013. (Copyrighted PDF)
· 4D Scheduling - Complying with Today’s Specifications, a presentation by Ben Nolan, PE, PSP, Director, Berkeley Research Group, LLC to North Florida AACE, December 2013. (Copyrighted PPT)
· How to Plan, Design and Implement a Bad Schedule, a presentation by John P. Orr, PSP, Sr. Scheduling Engineer, URS Corporation, Orlando, FL, to North Florida AACE, March 2014 and November 2016. (PDF)
· SunRail Community Update, a presentation by Thad Joseph, Public Information Specialist, SunRail Project, Orlando, FL, to North Florida AACE, April 2014 (PPS)
· Essential Negotiating Skills for Cost Engineers, a presentation by Charity A. Golden, MBA, CIA, Executive Director, AACE International, to North Florida AACE, September 2014 (PPSX)
· Games Contractors Play, a presentation by Joseph A. Lukas, PMP, CSM, PE, CCP, Vice President, PMCenters USA, to North Florida AACE, October 2014. (PDF)
· Critical Path Method (CPM) and Graphical Path Method (GPM) – Planning Methodologies Examined, with speaker Mr. Noel Alvarez, PMP, LEED, AP, Senior Director, PMA Consultants, December 2014. (PDF)
· Certification Exam Psychometrics Made Easy, with speaker F. Sam Griggs, CCP, Cost Engineering Consultant, January 2015. (PPT)
· The Case for Schedule Risk Analysis, with speaker Francisco Cruz, PE, RMP, PMA Consultants, February 2015. (PDF)
· Certification Exam Psychometrics Part II: The Wave of the Future, with speaker F. Sam Griggs, CCP, Cost Engineering Consultant, January 2016. (PPT)
· Managing Project Cost and Schedule at the Portfolio Level in Oracle/Primavera P6, with speaker John Philbrick, PE CCP PMP, Director, PMA Consultants, February 2016 (PPT)